Set in Stone

scoop

The last time I reported on my next player, I wasn't quite 100% on the name. I was set on making a defensemen, but it wasn't until recently that I fully committed to a name. It will indeed be Jacob Stone, which is what I had in mind before, but now it's settled. I don't have much else to say on that front, as I have previously stated the references that inspired the name.

In the time prior to Jacob Stone's draft (which, as an upcoming deadline create, will be the S88 draft), I intend to make a Jacob Stone graphic for every VHL team. I'm not particularly skilled when it comes to graphics, but I try. I don't really try to learn, I just mess with stuff until I think it I've done enough and any more would only make it worse. I'd say maybe one in every ten graphics that I make do I actually like. My interest in being drafted by teams will be directly proportional to how much I like the graphic I've made for that team. So far I've made four of the 16 graphics for the Jacob Stone Draft Collection (as I'm calling it), and so far I have no interest in being drafted.

My hope with Stone is that I get drafted to a team where I can stay for my entire career. This doesn't mean I will sign my career away at the first chance, but as long as I'm satisfied with the way the team is operating, I will definitely favor the team that drafts me. We won't necessarily need to compete ever season, and I would be fine with spending even a couple seasons in my prime missing the playoffs.

This will be the last you hear about Jacob Stone from me before he's created at the upcoming trade deadline.