Bo doing Bo things.

Shindigs

So as is pretty much standard by now, Bo is getting off to a hot start. Though in the last 4 games he's been without points in two of them. Is the this starts of the equally standard falling off a cliff that Bo tends to spend the rest of the season doing? Hopefully not, as I'd quite like for him to start actually getting some consistency in his game. And considering the somewhat atrocious S% he's still sitting on. If anything he's probably scoring less points than he should with the level of play he's been at so far in the season.

It's way too early to tell what effect Bo actually being captain in the sim and investing into LD is having on Chicago, but I think most of us can agree that Chicago are doing a fair bit better than we'd expect a team with with bots to do. Is this because LD actually does something? Or is it because the players we do have are just cracked? A very valid questions that we don't know the answer to. One interesting thing to note though is that although both Scotty Sundin and The Board Game Clue On Skates have high FO skills, they aren't runaway league leading by any stretch, in fact Scotty has mid 70s going up against mostly 80+ Centers on other first lines. Yet both of them are glued to the top of the FO% leaderboards, is this due to the LD ice tilt? Or are they just built different for some unknown reason? Another unknown, but certainly an interesting thing to look at. Since FO% is one of the most contained stats. Where it's just a straight 1v1 without any real outside factors. That's also measured in a very granular manner that's not particularly prone to variance due to the massive samples sizes we get with STHS just taking faceoffs on repeat.

Maybe having at least one high LD player set as C in STHS is the future of the VHL, maybe it's just some fluke early results. I guess only time will tell, and other players' willingness to try it out as well. Part of why I wanted to test it out is that I feel like although Jonathan Ori himself hasn't exactly been lights out for his TPE. The players who have played alongside him have usually overperformed with career years. And a Seattle roster that wasn't that inspiring did very well with him on the team. No idea if they had him set as C in the sim or not though. And Simon has confirmed that setting that actually does have game impact, now if it does in our version of the engine is another question entirely. But at least the placebo effect has been nice so far. Because when you're the LD player set as captain, even in games where your player does absolutely nothing. You can at least go "Well at least he's helping make everyone else perform slightly better", which is some nice copium to have access to.

Oh and in closing, if Bo fails to get Assist per Game this season, I'm going to #blamecole!