Sunday thoughts

der meister

My younger child is 13 years old today. I don't really understand how that's possible. My older child will be 16 in March, which is absolutely staggering. I'm definitely feeling my age this week.

For those of you who missed it in my writing thread, a new startup independent publisher in London requested to read one of my books in its entirety. I don't know if they will offer to publish it, nor do I know if I would accept it since I haven't seen their contract yet, but with how little writing I've done this year it feels nice to have something sort of go my way for once.

My players transition from the Toronto Legion to the Seattle Bears has gone really well aside from the actual production in game. He is still not developed to the point where I want him to be, so I have hope that it will turn around, but so far there have been far too many games where he is a minus player with no hits and one blocked shot. I really hope that trend changes sooner rather than later. I'm not sure if it's chemistry in the defensive pairing, line tactics, or Simon's revenge, but it's disappointing to see.