A theme week vhl.com

OrbitingDeath

From first gen to now - a story of approximately a decade

So to stick with the theme week subject, let’s do a vhl.com about me. I have joined sim leagues around june 2012, and while i do not remember when i actually joined the vhl with my first gen player, I do know how I ended up here. I probably have told this before, but here we go.

At the time I was heavily invested in dynasty hockey leagues on yahoo, i was in so many that I actually needed multiple yahoo accounts as I was past their limit (i believe it was 8 per account back then).  But when I was browsing the hockeys future boards, I notice a recruitment post of the vhl.

I took a look and was like ‘nope, not for me, this looks way to elitist’ and I moved on. Not shortly after I joined the SHL instead which looked more newbee friendly. So while I was playing in the SHL, I got a message from Corcoran, who tried to get me to join the VHL. I ended up giving it a shot, and the rest is history.

Despite having short periods of inactivity (during project player two i burned out from too much writing for all the different sim leagues, and my graphics weren't good enough so i would not be able to score max points on them) I am still here ongoing and strong, i probably am the member with most cup wins since season 30 (and be fair the first 29 seasons dont count as I was not here ;) )  but still standing and going strong, despite being older then most of the new people here, I still enjoy my time spent.

To all first gens, I hope you find as much joy in this as i have had.

As a first gen player I find this article very interesting for a number of reasons.

1) I have always had the theory that players who join the league as a result of a referral from a current player are more engaged.  I can't prove my theory, but this article supports the hypothesis.

2) It gives me some backstory of the league as a whole from a player who has considerable time spent here.

3) Although I am sure that Orbiting Death has seen and been involved in numerous negative experiences, the article remains hopeful and encouraging for first gen players like myself.

Well done, I'm giving this article 9/10