Helsinki Struggles Early, Johnson Continues to Impress

TopTiddee2

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.

Reid Johnson's apparent distancing from the VHL Forum hasn't slowed him down in his point totals, as he is currently in the Top 10 when it comes to Rookies Points. Posting 6 Goals along with 15 assists to start the year. While the Titans find themselves in 6th place in the European Conference (VHL), Johnson understands that the team has to rebuild in order to be successful.

"While the start of the season hasn't really gone our way, we've played to the best of our ability and have shown that we can still battle with these other top teams. The management has told us that we had to start as a rebuilding team but with our future prospect pool we could become very dangerous in the near future. I'm looking to focus on myself right now and to bring up my teammates." 

Prospect Daryl Dixon seems to be voicing similar rhetoric, stating, "Helsinki hasn't seen the best of results this season, but the score board isn't their focus. It's all about development and the Titan rookies has been popping off all season. The future looks bright for the franchise."

While it seems as if Johnson and Dixon is very optimistic, fans around Helsinki are beginning to worry.

When asked in a poll done by Fox 39, fans overwhelmingly voted that they are "very worried about this season" (62%). Others have voiced their concern with management and that they feel like a coaching change should be on the horizon. However, Johnson reassured that the fans should "stay faithful".

"We love the fans, but our team is new. There is no one we should be blaming for this loss, the other teams in the league are just getting the better of us. We're going to perform to the best of our abilities."

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.

Spoiler