Building on the Best

jacobcarson877

As Landon Wolanin was first being formed, I got to watch one of the greatest players in the league dominate, using a style that I’ve always admired. Duncan Idaho owned the Boulet award for most of his career, and no matter where he went, dominated the league. Of course there was a lot of pre-hybrid going on in there, but I can’t really discount that, merely noting that there is a certain level of league-wide parameters that are significantly different.

What I came to realize, as I continued to earn well and push my way up the leaderboards, is that I had the opportunity to become what would hopefully be the hybrid era 2-way star. I also have the benefit of being able to improve upon some of the Idaho build by ignoring faceoffs. This extra TPE will be getting me an extra PH, DF, PA, 2 extra SC for an extra 1 gap. One thing I won’t be able to keep up with however is CK, and quite frankly I’m not sure I want to considering the analysis I’ve done on that.

Obviously that physical presence is an important part of Idaho’s legacy, but if I can reach the same offensive prowess without taking as many penalties, perhaps I can win my team a few more games. Not that I won’t be hitting ~70CK regardless, but considering the other great 2-way players, and physical players on the Wranglers, I can’t expect the same level of dominance.

It truly is fun to see myself approaching the same build quality at least as some of the all time greats, time to see whether I’ll have the good fortune to go with it!