What Could Have Been

jacobcarson877

All in all, this season should be counted as a win for Landon Wolanin. Career highs in everything that matters, working his way up the franchise leaderboard, hopefully taking Calgary to a Victory Cup and a deep playoff run.

But there was so much more that could’ve come from this season.

100 points was pretty much the goal this season, with at least 40 goals. I got the goals, but it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting the points I need. I suppose the goal also should’ve been 50 goals considering how much Landon loves to shoot the puck. Only Baby Bob and Ronan Lavelle have shot more than Landon and scored more. The rest have gotten that little bit of extra puck luck that would have turned Wolanin from a star to a superstar. Although I can definitely feel for the couple of players who shot more than me and scored less.

I’m thrilled about the season, but if anything it has made Landon even hungrier for next season, knowing how much was left on the table this season. If there’s a world that Wolanin could shoot ~10% he could realistically compete for a scoring title.