Bana Blabs #54

Banackock

Hello, VHL. I hope you're doing good and that Christmas and the New Year were kind to you. It's been a very long time since I've written one of these. Looking in the update section, seems to be August was the last one I wrote which is a very weird thing for me as they've been a constant presence for years. I got very busy with work, life changes and all of that. I guess I was enjoying and hating life at the same time and needed a break with the player tasks to some extent. My player even passed away to inactivity on the SHL - RIP. Lots has been changing in the life of B, but let's talk some quick points for the Bears/VHL.

• Entering into my 39th season behind the Seattle Bears and something like my 44th season GMing consecutively when you count the VHLM tenure connected to the VHL Bears one. It's a long time. I don't even know how long. It's still something I enjoy, but I got them feelings now for sure. 
  • Life has changed a lot for me the last while. Work has been work for the last 3 years with lots of rollercoasters all over the place. First, my shitty partner at work. Then my ex-partner getting cancer. Then my shitty partner getting fired. Then my favorite boss and mentor leaving on the exact same day. Then two new bosses in one year. A major issue at work. A 6.5 year separation from my partner. Finding a new partner. Work becoming very stressful... and a new plan for life that I've been working towards that the VHL will find out about one day.. coming soon.. It's been amazing and it's been hell.. and I'm looking forward to the day I can dump some water on hell and put it out... also coming soon ;) 
  • Seattle is looking decent this season. Making a questionable move here soon for a draft pick but whatever. The vision is there and we'll see what we can do with it. Seattle needs right now and not 2-3 seasons because of the "amazing" VHLE.

Has to be word count, enjoy your day to those who read this stuff.