Bogatyrev disappointed by World Cup snub

Bojovnik

The rosters for the World Cup have been revealed, but one name that won’t be there is Yaroslav Bogatyrev. The big-bodied Russian forward, who had 31 points in the VHL last season, failed to make of the teams and is sitting this tournament out.

“I’m stunned that the GMs of the tournament couldn’t fit a place for me. I think I’ve shown that I’m an elite two-way winger who, in my time with Seattle, has proven to be a super penalty killer. Of course there are great players in the VHL, but none of them have what Boga has. None of them can motivate others like Boga can,” the Russian forward wrote on Instagram.

It remains to be seen what the season has in store for Yaroslav Bogatyrev. His social media outburst shocked many, as no-one was expecting the Nizhny Tagil native to make the roster.

“lol who does this bum bogatryev think he is. How is a guy with only 30 points getting to the World Cup is he smoking crack?” one comment on the post read.

“Bogatyrev is the most overrated player in the VHL. How did he ever get drafted second overall? What is the management in Seattle doing, this guy can’t even fucking skate,” another comment read.