One week in the VHL- Sadie St-Louis Interview

sadie

Interviewer: How do you feel after having played in your first ever VHL game? Is it still all sinking in that you are playing at the highest level?

Sadie St-Louis: It feels amazing! Getting out there for the start of the game was unreal and having the team end it with a win was the perfect way to finish off my first game. It still doesn’t feel real that I’m skating around on the ice with the players I’ve looked up to for years. 

Interviewer: You scored your first ever VHL goal against Moscow on Wednesday- walk me through what went through your head after you saw the puck go in.

SSL: I was so happy when I saw the goal light go on. All my teammates around me, just as happy for me, made it even more special. Coming out for the first star at the end of the game was icing on the cake.

Interviewer: You faced HC Davos Dynamo recently, and your former teammate Lachlan Summers was making his first ever VHL appearance. What was the conversation between you two like and how did you feel about Lachlan coming out on top this time?

SSL: Honestly it was one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. Before the game I told him I would be scoring on him, which did not happen to my dismay. I managed to get 5 shots on him though; next time I’m going for the hat trick.