Between the Periods - The Rookie

Tetricide

nmSrqQp.png

Hello, world! Welcome back to another episode of Between the Periods! I am Bobbus Dingus reunited once again with my good friend Nikolas Kauppi of the Prague Phantoms! This is his rookie year with the franchise and is already making heads turn. After today's games (10 February, 2023), he is currently in a 3-way-tie for first overall rookie points alongside Larry Abass Jr. @RileyL from the Calgary Wranglers and Daryl Dixon @Ricer13 from the Helsinki Titans. Nikolas, welcome back -- it's so good to see you! How do you feel you're doing in the VHL in general performance-wise?

Hey, Bob. You know, as much as you piss me off sometimes, it's good to see you too. As far as the VHL, man...at first it was super tough. It was a reality check on the talent I'm up against, and I gotta be honest it had my morale down in the dumps for a while. We made some line changes though and things have been on the up-and-up! Right now we're on a 3 game win streak. Our next couple games is a rematch against London and our first game against Chicago for the season. Overall, my performance as of late has been pretty good! I've had a couple pointless streaks, but I'm working on that too. One more thing...I keep telling everyone to stop telling me where I stand against the other rookies, so I'm telling you now too. Stop.

Yeesh! Noted, don't hype up Nikolas.. I've also watched the fights you've been involved in, which have been somewhat impressive! You've been in 5 so far this season, 1 of which you lost against CDS Leb @CDS_Lebfrom Toronto and the rest were draws. How exactly did that loss go down?

Heh...I knew this was gonna get brought up... Listen, I just remember chirping at the guy as soon as he got passed the puck and dude just had rage in his face. Came at me like a flying monkey and knocked me down. It was all pretty funny, actually. I kept chirping at him in the sin bin and he just sat there the whole 5 minutes staring into space. I think I was in his head the rest of the game.

Hah! A flying monkey! You crack me up! Let's see... You've got your first game winning goal this season, on a 5 game point streak, on a 10 game goal slump, and still looking for your first hat trick of the season! Any light at the end of that tunnel?

I've got to be honest, I don't really know. Some games I just get a few shots at that net, others not so much. It's a whole different atmosphere out here in the VHL and the expectations are much higher. I'm feeling good about our next couple of games though. Jason @Jason kranz is gonna set me up with a sweet pass and it's gonna be glorious to get out of that goal slump. The point streak is nice, but I'd like to score a few more before the season ends. We're almost halfway through it, so I'll probably end up with more than just a few more!

That's the spirit I like to see in you! How's the Prague locker room treating you?

It's pretty chill. It's also pretty awesome to play with my Mexico City Kings teammate Jason again. We've got this dude Velociraptor Greg @samx though... I dunno, dude gives me the creeps. Stares at you for a solid 10 seconds before making a weird, short screech noise. I'm not sure if it's a bit or they're just not all there in the head... Plays great on the ice though. Sometimes looks like they want to just rip someone's head off.

Velociraptor...Greg? I--

Look, man. I'm not judging people by their names. I don't ask questions.

Ooookay.. Well, anything else you want to add before we wrap this up?

Yeah, when did you start finally wearing deodorant?

Oh, you noticed!

You don't smell like a bag of onions. What is that, Old Spice?

It is! How...how did you kn--

Oh boy, we need to go shopping. Old Spice is nice and all, but you've got to up your game...

Right now?! Okay! Ladies and gentlemen, that's all we have for you on this episode of Between the Periods! We'll see you next week!

Hurry up stinky boy!

731 words, PT for week ending 12 Feb, 2023.