Beware the Bots

JCarson

I am calling this article Beware the Bot. I have no statistical evidence, but I have heard numerous comments about Bot goals in the VHL league over the last couple of weeks. London has also experienced this and had our Bots contribute a goal to our cause. 

Now I am not suggesting that it is Bots scoring for teams that are regularly playing a bot to fill a position. No these are entire lines of Bots playing and scoring. How do we have the system putting Bots out to play when proper lines have been submitted? 

It could potentially be the result of the following, but it would seem overly coincidental. 

Players have been suspended – If you had several players kicked from a game because of penalties/fights it may result in a line of bots playing. 

Players playing greater than 30 minutes- I have been told that the sim engine will not play players for more than 30 minutes (roughly) so due to weighting issues on the line up combined with significant penalties it could be that certain players had to be sat to not cause line issues. 

Okay so I produced two unlikely scenarios that could result in Bots playing enough time that they could be scoring goals. I doubt either of these situations occurred and are the result in the significant uptick in Bot scoring. If anyone has done any research or has an answer as to why Bots are scoring, I would love to hear it. It could be the fact that I am jealous of the Bot that has scored in the last week when I have gone on a goalless streak and am not contributing.  

If this continues we may have a Bot take the most improved player this season. 

Edited by JCarson
small correction