Bogatyrev dodges journalist’s questions

Bojovnik

The pressure is mounting on Yaroslav Bogatyrev. Now over 100 games into his VHL career, Bogatyrev cracked the 50-point plateau over the weekend. While it’s fair to say that it’s an achievement for any player to make it into the VHL and put points on the board, many in Seattle are frustrated about the time it’s taken for the highly-touted Russian forward to get on the scoreboard.

Bogatyrev was drafted 2nd overall in the S86 VHL Draft, in a move that saw the Bears potentially miss out on the chance to draft Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes. Some raised questions over the Bears’ management’s decision at the time, and these cries have only grown louder in light of Bogatyrev’s poor offensive performance throughout his career to date.

The Nizhnii Tagil native registered just 31 points in his rookie VHL season. In his sophomore campaign, Bogatyrev has only mustered 19 points through 39 games. A point every other game simply doesn’t cut in the VHL, when many of the league’s top stars are pushing two points-per-game.

“I’ve got nothing to say on my performance or on what the fans are saying. Their entitled to their opinions, just as I’m entitled not to engage with their opinions. Things will get better,” he said.