A Belated Heart Day Celebration

kirbithan

DAVOS, CH VHL fans are now becoming familiar with the name Lachlan Summers, the rookie netminder for HC Davos Dynamo, and know him for his superb goalie play on the ice— but what about off of the ice? In belated Valentine’s Day fashion, we had a chance to briefly delve into his adorable relationship with his husband Frankie Ducharme, who is a former QMJHL player turned personal trainer. 

“Reckon you could say he was my first true love. I hate how cheesy that sounds, but I don’t know how else to describe it,” Lachlan chuckled. “I dated a few people before him, yeah, but there wasn’t ever a spark with anybody until I met him when we were teenagers. His family was my host family when I was in Quebec for a couple of months for a hockey camp that he also attended. I didn’t really talk much, but he was the only one to really break me out of my little shell— made me smile a lot more.”

“I always tell Lachy that he has a nice smile, so it’s nice to see it more often!” Frankie added cheerfully, keeping Lachlan close. “This Valentine’s Day, we went skiing. Very apt for Swiss-living, but afterwards, I cooked up a nice meal for us and Lachy took care of dessert, of course. A very picture perfect day.”