Catching up with Jimi Jax

ke1vi

Catching up with Jimi Jax

Players on Pause: Barrett Hayton

(OSLO / 20FEB2023) It’s been months since Jimi Jax went 3rd overall in the S87 VHL Entry Draft before ultimately deciding to crossing the pond to help develop his two way game in the VHLE. The American born center is currently leading the Oslo Storm in scoring, and amongst the top 10 league wide in goals and points.  The Storm are loaded with talent as they go for a repeat championship – currently in a dogfight with the Cologne Express for fist in the league. The strong performance on the ice is reflective to the system that Oslo has in place, according to Jax.

“It’s impressive how they treat their players here. They take you in, understand your weaknesses, and provide you the proper training program to help you get better overall.”

Jax took the risk to travel from home – turning down his chance at jumping to the VHL to try and work on his skills, worried the miles and delay would be a waste of a season. The risk has certainly paid off, as Jax feels he has elevated his game and is prepared to make the jump the following season. 

"I feel really good - but right not I'm not focused on next year. We have a great team that wants to win. We want to give the guys from last season a repeat - so that's really my focus now".