Bogatyrev at full-strength as playoffs loom

Bojovnik

Seattle Bears forward Yaroslav Bogatyrev has said that he is in good health and good spirits as the Washington-state side close out their regular season in a strong way. The Bears, who made a splash at the trade deadline by acquiring Tavish Degroot and Vasile Lamb, have been one of the form teams in the VHL over the past week. The Bears are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games, and the addition of two star players has done wonders for their ability to create offense.

“I think the fans, and even the players knew that something needed to change if we wanted to be in a position to challenge for a playoff run. At some points, it looks like we might even finish in sixth in the conference and miss out even on the wild card place. So to make these trades at the deadline was super important,” Yaroslav Bogatyrev said on Sunday.

The Russian-born forward, who has posted new career highs in goals and points in his sophomore season, said that he was now at full strength after battling injuries all season.

“I picked up several small, but nagging injuries at the start of the season. I’ve been playing with pain for most of the season. But the medical staff have done great, and I’m feeling the best I’ve felt for ages,” he said.