288 and still behind.

leandrofg

We've reached the end of Leandro's fourth season in the VHL. It's the halfway mark of his career, but the story lacks any content to share. Leandro wants to be a great player, and some would say he already is, but he sure isn't playing like one.

The Portuguese's personal goals are far from being met. At this point in his career, he wanted to be a superstar, but his production didn't match his intentions. He wants to be that 1.5+ PPG player, the 1.00+ P/20 player... he wants all the envy and accolades that come with it. But, at this point, he's playing second fiddle - and he's the only one to blame.

Maybe the expectations were too high for 'The Portuguese Wonder.' Perhaps he doesn't have it in him to lead a team to victory... a good thing he's surrounded by an atrocious amount of talent in Calgary.

Could he turn his career around in the second half of his career? Could he become a player worthy of a place in the VHL's Hall of Fame? What does the Portuguese need to morph into the player he wants to be?

That's the thing. It doesn't matter. We're now entering a time that really matters... the Playoffs. And a Continental Cup sure does a lot for the probability of a player entering the Hall of Fame.

Sorry to hog all these first line minutes, Leandro. You are doing well getting more and more points, scoring more and more goals from season to season and you doubled the GWG from last season as well. You would be the first line center in all but three franchises, unfortunately for you one of these three happens to be our beloved Wranglers. I knew I have a 'special one' individual joining our S82 Mississauga Hounds on that far off day and I was (and am) proven right.

21 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Leandro Playoff MVP incoming!

I wouldn't bet on that, but the odds would be pretty friggin' good! 😂

21 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Sorry to hog all these first line minutes, Leandro. You are doing well getting more and more points, scoring more and more goals from season to season and you doubled the GWG from last season as well. You would be the first line center in all but three franchises, unfortunately for you one of these three happens to be our beloved Wranglers. I knew I have a 'special one' individual joining our S82 Mississauga Hounds on that far off day and I was (and am) proven right.

Sorry that you have to carry another Portuguese. You can't escape us. Even in the virtual world! 😂