HC Davos Dynamo Geared up for the Playoffs

HC Davos Dynamo Geared up for the Playoffs

Siyan.png

Siyan Yasilievich is ready

Siyan Yasilievich finished the regular season with 23 goals, 71 assists, good for 94 points and also leading the entire VHL this season in assists. Heading into the playoffs though, it'll be a tough task as Davos will be taking on the Riga Reign in the first round, a tough opponent who was able to rebound their team in just one season. We spoke to Siyan where he was able to give us his thoughts on the matchup, to which he replied, "Stylistically, I think Riga is going to be a very rough matchup for us. This team we're up against has not many holes and on top of that, they've kept every single game in the regular season close, which is not what we want as the first seed in the European Conference. Regardless though, I believe in my team and myself that we can get this series done and head to the conference finals yet again. I have some unfinished business with @Arce  and I hope to finish it in the conference finals, I must prove I am the better player. We've been practicing and trying out new things too, some special tactics that we can bring to the table in the playoffs that teams haven't really seen from us, so watch out." Siyan and his crew seem determined this season, where this is going to be the best chance the team has at bringing home the championship before the salary cap is going to catch up to them. It's going to be a banger matchup between this two teams, but one thing is for sure, Davos has star players while Riga doesn't have as much as them. We also asked Siyan who he is looking forward to playing on Riga and he said that he is looking forward to playing Isamu Knievel and Calix Pearce since they were "apart of Davos and on his team in the past." He wants to show that he has improved and that he wasn't a bust in his draft, going fourth overall, where most people believed he wasn't worth the pick.

Other things happening

On another note, Siyan has taken up water polo in the off-season. We asked him why he does this in the off-season and why he likes it so much and he replied saying, "A couple of my friends wanted something to do in the off-season and I just decided to join in. It also helps us stay in shape for the upcoming season, however, man it's a tough sport. The amount of physical activity and concentration you have to put in is crazy, so I'm still getting used to it and all. We also usually end up going out to eat after, my friends and I, so I'd say it's a win-win at the end of the day." Siyan refused to comment on how his water polo team did in the off-season and only left us with a "not the best." Who knows though, maybe the water polo during the off-season might be the secret to Davos finally securing a championship and bringing one home this season!