Jesse Teno - Locker Clean Out

Aimee

As Jesse Teno walked into the London United locker room for the final time this season, they seemed to take their time packing up their things. It was a slow, methodical cleanup of their equipment and they made sure to speak to every member of the team and the crew to say goodbye for the off season. It seemed harder than ever, especially with a large personality already missing from the crowd.

It has been a tough season for the starter. They had a lot of ups and downs in their game and struggled for a few stretches here and there. And knowing that they lost out on the playoffs by a single loss really stung for the sophomore goalie who had spent the season trying to prove their worth. It was not the worst record, but not the best. They were also taking quite the beating at the end. “It’s hard to go out on a few tough losses. Not the way I wanted to see this season end and not how I has hoped my first year as starter would go. I just have to hope that any work I put into the off season will make a difference when we come back.”

Speaking of coming back, with the sudden retirement of the GM Dil, a space has been left as well as an uncertainty within the team. Without any idea as to who might come in to lead them next, the United are hoping that new management won’t make too many big moves and will give the core a shot at proving themselves next season. Also with the upcoming draft, it’s equally uncertain who might be brought in to shore up the team in the coming seasons. 

But that is for another day and another worry, thought Jesse is apparently having some worries. “I still have not seen any action in the playoffs and I don’t have a spectacular record. I just hope that incoming management will see that I am still worth keeping around. I really like being in London but I guess we’ll see if they plan to do any shaking up if we end up in a rebuild.” It’s doubtful that the London goalie will be finding themselves on a new roster as the person who might be getting the job seems in favor of keeping them around. Also, with the ongoing goalie situation in the VHL, it is more than likely that London would have to keep Teno around just on the grounds of available inventory.

For now, though, it seems, Jesse Teno will have an extended off season to work on their game and to get ready for next season. Along with working on their charity, Jesse Teno has a long few weeks ahead of them before the hard work begins. Though it seems that they are also putting their hard earned accounting degree to work and doing not only their tax return, but other on the side because, well, I guess they don’t have enough to do to take up their time.

511 words for week ending 3/12/2023