Almost a year in

JCarson

My introduction to the VHL came through my son. He had joined the VHL during the Pandemic and was looking at ways to gain TPE faster so asked if I would join so he could get the player referral rewards. I am a fan of hockey and so I decided to try it. To be honest it had less to do with hockey and more of a parental goal of trying to connect with my son. We share several common interests, but having another cannot hurt. So, I agreed, and Molly the Cat was born.  

My first couple seasons were significant learning situations. Who would have known that clicking buttons and authoring fake stories would be difficult? Honestly, you get to make everything up and nobody can argue with you about the content. Yet somehow as you get deeper into it the more difficult it becomes. It could be because the character starts to become alive, and the narrative needs to have a level of consistency so that it becomes believable to the writer. Potentially there is a level of competition that begs for the work being done to be rewarded by player production.  

It is strange to think that a year from now Molly the Cat will be retired. That I will need to choose if I continue with the VHL or if I drift away and be forgotten. Who knows what will happen as the next year passes us by. 

Very cool!  I know that as my daughter gets older I will certainly be joining in whatever I can to connect and have fun with her!  I certainly wouldn't complain if it ended up being something like the VHL but if not, I still want to put in the same effort!