Booberry Disheartened by Finals Loss

CowboyinAmerica

:dav:

Calgary, AB -- Following six seasons in the VHL without ever reaching the finals, Davos goaltender Xavier Booberry was pumped for his first ever finals appearance. And after winning the first game of the series on the road, he let himself begin to dream of being a champion for the first time.

But alas, a title was not meant to be. Calgary came roaring back in short order, winning each of the next four games to take the series in five games. The final three of those losses came by one goal, a crushing prospect for the team's goalie that couldn't quite get it done.

"I don't think disappointing is really the right word. Soul-crushing, maybe?" Booberry told the Davos press after the final game. "I really thought this might be our year."

In the end, it's back to the drawing board for Davos, who still intend to be a strong team. For Booberry, now entering his final season before retirement, it's now or never.

"I have one more shot to win, and I intend to do just that," Booberry said. "Clearly, I'm going to be leading Davos to a title, and I can't possibly imagine anything that can get in the way of Davos and I getting there together."