Olynick Slowly Coming Into His Own

AwfulHomesick

After a fairly impressive Season 39, the milestone Season 40 hasn't been all much fun for the Cologne Express and Blaine Olynick. Nearly the entire season has been comparative to a lifeboat floating up and down in the sea; another way to say that the team has been flirting with being above .500 all season long so far.

Olynick particularly has been impressive in some spurts of the season, standing on his head with 30+ save games, but in other instances he has been guilty of letting in soft goals against weak teams. Now sitting with a 14-11-3 record, the recent 3 game winning streak is something Olynick is looking to build upon, with a game coming up against tougher teams like New York and other endurance tests against weaker teams like Toronto and Davos, it could be a season-changing next couple of games for Olynick and Co.

"I don't want to say I've been in Salo's shadow all season long, but I have an opportunity right now to take the ball and run with it. I may not be able to catch up to his numbers at all this season, but I can out work him and prove how much of a team player I could be," said Olynick after his 4-0 shutout against Davos.

Edited by AwfulHomesick