The Brett Slobodzian race

MetalToday

Who is going to win the Brett Slobodzian trophy? It has been an extremely close voting where Brendan Marner and Daniel Janser started off flip flopping with first place, but that quickly fizzled as people really analyzed the stats. The goaltender Brandt Fur had one of the better seasons for goalies this season, however it was pointed out that Fur tie other goalies with the best save percentage and was close with goals against average. Brendan Marner had 111 points, 2 more than Janser, but 1 less goal. What I believe pushed Marner to his current place in first is the number of hits he threw, 241 to be exact. With regards to Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems, he got a crazy 54 goals, and 105 points, I really don’t think he got enough credit for what he did this season. And of course, Pierre Emile Bouchard, he was like the 2 way defenseman picked, with nearly 200 hits, and 200 shots blocked, but with 88 points in total. I think this was underrated defense this season. Regardless of that, my personal rankings are:

1.       Brendan Marner

2.       Brandt Fuhr

3.       Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems

4.       Daniel Janser

5.       Pierre Emile Bouchard