An interview with Molly the Cat

JCarson

Molly the Cat, thanks for joining today. Since we last spoke the league announced the new GM of London United and there have been several changes in the locker room. Can you tell us your thoughts? 

Any time there is change in a team it has two distinct reactions. The first reaction is that you are saddened that you are losing friends and teammates. Building relationships over the years and then having those people go their separate ways does cause a little struggle. The second reaction is a feeling of excitement and hope. New people coming in invigorates a team, it provides hope that the next year may end better than the last. We have added several exceptionally talented players to our lineup. There is a general sense within the locker room that we will be able to compete very well within the European Conference and for the championship. 

Molly the Cat, do you think that the GM is done with this team, or should we expect some additional moves to be made? 

I think the major changes have been completed. That said, a good GM is never done listening and evaluating options. We still have free agency and the draft ahead of us before the season begins. That provides opportunities to improve London’s future even more. A good GM is also looking beyond the current year. I expect that you will see our GM make some deals to position them for future draft options 

Molly the Cat, of all the changes which one excites you most? 

Picking up Igor Molotov and Siyan Yasilievich provides a lot of offensive power to London. It was something we lacked last season. Getting consistent offense will be a significant bonus for London. They will be a significant contributor to a deep playoff run.. Adam Rage and Sock Monkey provide excellent depth to our forward core. They were all fantastic additions. I think that what I am most excited for is seeing Leonard Triller make his first steps into the VHL. Triller made the conscious decision to take an extra year in the VHLE and I really think it has paid off for them. That added year has provided Triller with a significant amount of maturity, and confidence that will make them a huge asset for London. Watch out for that one, they will be a significant contributor to our forward depth and a great candidate for rookie of the year. 

Moly the Cat can you comment on the returning players? 

From my conversations with them there is a general sense of excitement. We had a disappointing season last year, but we can all collectively see that we are a better team. We know that the changes that have occurred will make us more competitive. As a team we are expecting to have a much better season. I am looking forward to seeing how Jesse Teno does this season. We did not make her job easy last season; we played a very sloppy defensive game, and it did not help us overall. You are going to see a much different London squad this year and it should be an exciting show for the fans. 

Thanks Molly the Cat for taking the time to sit with us, we look forward to seeing you and the entire London team in Season 88.