Jimi Jax Rookie Year

ke1vi

10/27/16 Post Game Interviews | NHL.com

We’re just about ready to enter the 88th Season of the VHL as training camp opened today as teams gathered for their opening skates. Jimi Jax is coming off a disappointing second half with Oslo in the VHLE last year and is looking to turn a new leaf as he comes into his rookie year with the Toronto Legion.

After a tough loss in Game 7 of last years finals, Jaks took a break from the sport and spent some time in a darkness retreat to what he describes as “clearing his mind”.

“It was tough for me mentally, I was going through a rough stretch with my offense and then we collapse in the playoffs like that. I felt like I was a huge reason for the loss in Oslo. I had high expectations for myself but didn’t meet them”.

Jax only resumed training midway through the offseason once his retreat came to an end. He is back to the gym twice a day and preparing as the unofficial second line center for the Legion.

“I’ve been working on my faceoffs, technique and strength. I know it’s a big jump to the VHL and I’m looking forward to it.”

What’s the goal for Jax this year?

“Fun. Just have fun. I want to enjoy what I do and that starts with appreciating the game while I’m out there”.