Gregger McKegger VHL Draft Thoughts + Interview!

The most anticipated day of the year. Gregger McKeggegger just didn’t eat that day, he was too nervous. He liked the way his interviews went. There were a bunch of teams he thought were interested. Reading the mock draft he kind of disagreed. Maybe it’s his ego, but Gregger thinks he’s higher than the 9th best player in the draft. As draft day came along, the teams started to make picks. After the 9th pick came and went, Gregger was sweating. He knew he should be picked soon; he just didn’t know when, and the anticipation was frustrating. Finally, with pick number 11, the LA Stars took Gregger McKeggegger. He breathed a sigh of relief. It was kinda funny to think about the fact that he never had an interview with the Stars. They took a blind swing on him and now it’s up to him to prove that they made the right choice.

*show’s main theme song plays; the screen fades in to show Joe Smith sitting at a desk and Gregger McKeggegger sitting across from him*

Joe Smith : Hi folks, today we’ve got newly drafted VHL forward Gregger McKeggegger. How are you doing?

Gregger McKeggegger : I’m doing pretty good, been a whirlwind the last few days.

Smith : I bet. How are you feeling about the pick? Too high? Too low? And as for the team, are you happy to go to Los Angeles?

McKeggegger : Lot to break down there, first off, I do think I could have gone a bit earlier. I know my skillset and I know I have a lot to bring to the table, so going outside the top ten is kind of frustrating. However, I could not be happier going to LA. It’s a much different scene than I’ve ever been in, but I’m very excited to be a part of the team’s future. By the time I’m in the majors, it looks to me like the team will be in transition, and I am ready to headline some young talent that will carry the Stars to playoff success!

Smith : Sounds like you’re a man on a mission! Should be exciting to see you suiting up in the LA black and silver. Now do you think you have a chip on your shoulder after being drafted outside the top ten? Any teams' names you’ve written down?

McKeggegger : I can think I should have gone higher all I want, I still went in the first round, and I’m pretty happy about that. No hard feelings towards any teams that skipped me, though I’m sorry you’ll have to play against me.

Smith : Someone put that behind an edit! *silence* Anyway, with the VHLE draft tonight, what’s going through your mind?

McKeggegger : I am looking to go to a contender. Winning a championship in the VHLM has now given me an opportunity to win in all three leagues. I want to make that happen. It will be tough, but I think I can really push myself to greatness.

Smith : Any teams in specific or are you just looking for any team that can go on a run.

McKeggegger : Yeah pretty much any team that has a shot to win. I know I can be a key piece in any roster, even though I’m young.

Smith : Well good luck in the draft, and we’ll be covering it here on *generic hockey show name*! That’s all for today, see you next time!

*show’s theme song plays and the screen fades to black*

Word Count : 583

For Week of 4/2/23