VHLF, my thoughts

JCarson

VHFL a Love Hate Relationship 

The VHFL for season 88 is now open. Reality is I have a divergent view of the VHFL. Not that I expect anyone to care about my opinions on the VHFL, but I am going to elaborate on it anyway. 

Why I hate the VHFL: 

There is only one main reason I hate the VHFL. I am impatient. Yes, I have admitted it, the only reason I hate the VHFL is because I have a personal failing. I may be the most impatient person in the world. Waiting for other people to do their task of picking a player drives me crazy. And those players who wait the full 12 hours and are skipped, post their pick like 10 minutes afterwards. Well, that is a level of frustration I do not even know how to express. And if you thought that was the end of my frustration it is not. For some reason I always get stuck in the group where the person at either position 1 or position 6 who gets the double pick, I bet you have guessed it, they are the ones to go AWOL for a period and there is a full 24-hour point where nothing happens. I could go on longer, but you get my point on this. I am impatient and this event tests that patience every time. 

Why I love the VHFL: 

There are many reasons to love the VHFL which despite the tirade above is why I get involved every year. 

The first reason I love the VHFL is, you probably guessed it, TPE. As gaining TPE is the name of the game in the VHL, the only way to get better, the only way to make your player great, then any simple task that helps gain TPE is a plus in my books. The VHFL is a simple effortless way to gain TPE, pick 6 people who are currently playing who might do well. Can anything be easier? But wait, if you struggle with doing this then all you need to do is look at the other groups, who are they picking. You do not even need to think for yourself on this test. You can copy. Find someone who you think knows what they are doing and copy their answers. It is brilliant. This is free TPE just for writing down 6 names.  

The second reason I love the VHFL is it is another level of competition. As much as I am impatient, on an equal scale I am competitive. I like to win; I like to be the best. Some may call being competitive a failing, I use it to drive me to better. I use it to learn from my failures, to improve my abilities and to drive me to never give up. Competition is a form of motivation, and the results of competition are a method of validating the process. Competition is the measuring stick of success, whether it be personal success or social success. 

The third reason I love the VHFL is that it validates the work I have done in the VHL in building my player. Watching a season unfold and the performance your player does gives a level of validation but there is something to be said about other people recognizing your performance. We have very few ways that other people get to weigh in on how well you did. There are the season awards, season prediction and VHFL. All these items have the simple piece that someone else gets to say, yes, this player is the best or one of the best and I choose them. It validates the work that has been done.

There you have it folks, my opinion on my relationship with the VHFL. Hope you enjoyed the read.