Jensen Prepping for Houston; Performing Strong for Brigade

Advantage

Jensen Prepping for Houston; Performing Strong for Brigade

With the Second Overall Pick, the Houston Bulls are proud to select Viktor Jensen, a Center from Lillehammer, Norway.  With that, potentially one of the first surprises of the draft had taken place, with Viktor Jensen jumping up about four or five spots based on recent projections.  Though I suppose it isn't the most surprising jump given how his off-season has started, playing in the Junior Showcase Tournament.  As a member of the Brigade, Jensen has really played well after a tough start for the young center.  At the fourteen game mark, Viktor Jensen had a reasonable but unspectacular nine points on a struggling Brigade team that was in last place.  However, as the tournament went on, the Brigade started to become a complete powerhouse, finishing 17-9-4 and in the Playoffs.  Jensen picked up the pace too, finishing with 23 points over the remaining 18 games, for a total of 32 points in 30 games.

"He really stepped up for his team, as did quite a few of their top dogs.  The offensive prowess he possesses along with the potential defensive acumen and intelligence on the draws, certainly makes him a candidate to be quite a high potential prospect in the future.  For now he is certainly a bit raw, but is showing off quite well against the top players in his age group and older." - Anonymous VHL Scout

Jensen, while certainly busy with the JST, has still mainly had his focus on getting himself ready for the upcoming season.  "I was really honoured to be selected by the Bulls in the VHLM Dispersal Draft, and after having a lot of conversations with some of the management team there, I really know what I need to focus on to get ready for the upcoming seasons.  So focusing on improving my game in my own end and being aggressive offensively is what I am doing to try and better myself in preparation for the upcoming season."  Jensen, who had a decent showing in limited action for the Mississauga Hounds last season, will look to finish his Junior Showcase Tournament on a high as they prepare for the playoffs upcoming this week.  In the meantime, we will see how much he can improve and if he and the rest of the Bulls squad can bring this team to a Founders Cup next season.