Rip meets the Oslo Storm/ Roster Preview:

ScottyP

Rip meets the Oslo Storm/ Roster Preview:

Grizz Tazzo: Ok, i love the name first off…total beauty…So last season Grizz was a total stud for Mexico City in the VHLM. 116 points in 72 games, and 129 hits to go along with it! Grizz was also drafted by Riga (as was Rip Wheeler)…so hopefully this season in Oslo will lay the ground work for the years to come! 

Adeline Delle Donne: A long time member of the VHLE, Delle Donne is coming off a solid season 87 campaign with Vasteres with 107 points in the regular season. I’m looking forward to seeing the success build during this first season with the Storm! 

Swinsola: Wow, so another VHLM stud from last year with 133 points! Swinsola has a lot of TPE spent on offensive vision and deking, so I’m sure we’ll have some highlight reel goals this season. I know who I want in a shootout situation! 

Braeden Panarella: Panarella, reminds of Panera Bread…lol…our own version of the bread man? I’m in! Coming off a solid season 87 with Houston in the M, Panarella put up 52 goals with 51 assists, so very balanced with lots of up side offensively. There was definitely a big jump statistically from season 86 to 87…so I’m excited to see where the bread man goes from here! 

Gregger McKeggegger: oh man, another member of the all name team, I love it! McKeggegger had a real solid year in the VHLM with 124 points in the standard 72 game schedule. And with 481 shots last season (!) when McKeggegger is on the ice, the rubber is gonna be flying! 

Keno Akara: Akara is the veteran of the forward group playing season 87 with Oslo. It was a solid campaign with almost a point per game average. Akara has a well balanced approach with the TPE making them a solid two way player and key to Oslos success moving forward. 

Admir Bala: Alright, time to check in on the blue line…and we start with a straight “Bala”…another sweet name (even if it’s not on purpose)…Bala “balled” out in the M last season with almost an assist per game average. He was also a stud in the season 87 WJC with 12 points in 16 games played. 

Winston Dixon jr: aka JR, Winston Dixon Junior! Fresh from the M, season87 with Ottawa….he’s a P2G2…”point per game guy”…with 64 points in 72 games from the backend…but what I LOVE…absolutely f-Ing love…is 257 hits…let’s goooo! 39 TPE in body check…players are gonna be avoiding JRs side for sure! Can’t wait to get out there and crush some souls with my guy! 

Liv Slater: Liv! Let’s do it live…ok, Liv has a solid season in the M with Houston last season. 49 pts, plus 8 and over 150 hits, not too shabby! I love the production in the playoffs though…with almost a ppg average and 23 hits, Liv is a gamer for sure! 

Jordan Bennet: A VHL and VHLE vet, Bennet is honing his skills for a breakthrough performance this year in the E. 72 games in the show during season 86 provides such valuable experience to this years Oslo lineup. Last season in the VHLE, Bennet put up solid numbers and was a solid contributor to the team. This year, with added experience under his belt, I am expecting a big season from JB for sure! 

Tadhg Byrne: Ok, lastly we take a look between the pipes! Byrne is a longtime VHLE vet starting back in season 81. Last season, he posted a 93% save percentage with 1.86 goals against. Very solid numbers for such an offensive league. So far this season (88), Byrne has the top spot locked down and is crushing it with a .946 save % and 1.86 goals against average. With him in net, we’ve got a shot to beat anybody on any given night! 

Alright, that does it for the preview…if you hate a nickname or anything else about what I wrote…let me know on the comments! Preciate you guys….”the storm is brewing!” 

500 words for media spot 

178 words for VHL.com article 

3 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Braeden Panarella: Panarella, reminds of Panera Bread 

I thought the same thing when I first saw Braeden's name haha. 

Awesome write up! Oslo's got a solid roster/team and I can't wait to see how this season pans out with the team