Siyan Yasilievich - Where is he on the stat-sheet?

Siyan Yasilievich - Where is he on the stat-sheet?

Siyan.png  

We caught up with London Defenseman Siyan Yasilievich who is having a rough time during the season. He currently has 5 goals 11 assists, good for 16 points in 21 games played with a -12 on the season. We asked him some questions about the season and how he plans on turning it around!

Interviewer: So it's been a bit of a rough time for you, as you've fallen off pretty hard and nothing seems to be going your way. Do you attribute this to being on a new team?

"I mean yeah you can some some of it is because I'm on a new team, but I should be playing better. I seriously don't know why things aren't working, I'm playing like I usually do and it just seems like every bounce is going the wrong way for me. I think maybe I need to adapt to the team and play a better two-way game, instead of just focusing on offense like I usually do."

Interviewer: Interesting. Another question, do you believe that once you get going again, you can be a contender?

"For sure. We're missing one of our best defenseman in myself and we're still a playoff team in my eyes. I feel like once I get going, we should be able to contend with the best teams in the league and make a run."

Interviewer: Do you feel like any of this is a difference in style between Davos and London and the players?

"Eh, I guess? It doesn't really matter though, because a good player can always adapt. I have some fantastic teammates on London and I'm glad a majority of them are having fantastic seasons. However, I want to be able to enjoy that success with them and be one of the best. Currently, I'm not doing that and I need to find a way to get to their level right now."

Interviewer: How has your time in London been by the way, I forgot to ask.

"It's been great to be honest. Everyone here is super supportive and I really like the fans here. On top of that I feel like we've got an amazing group in the locker room and they're here to support me through this dry spell. When one player is having a tough time, another player steps up, and that's the type of team I want to be on. I wouldn't want it any other way, I'm glad to be apart of this organization.

Interviewer: Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans and maybe the fans of London before we head off here?

"I'm sorry about my performance so far this season. This is not what any of us want and I promise I will step it up as the season goes on. I'm in a bit of a dry spell right now and nothing is really going my way, but once things start bouncing the way I want them to, I'll be a top defenseman in the league again. You can quote me on that. I'm excited with what we've got for this team and I think we've got a chance at a cup."

Article review:

Well written article.  You can feel the frustration of the player, the angst in his feelings of letting his new team down and the determination to do whatever is necessary to get his game back on track.  Wil be an interesting read to see how the season progresses and whether the production begins again.  London as a team is still in good standing in their conference so potentially is points production increases then they can be a playoff contender this season.

I give this article a 8/10