An interview with Molly the Cat, season 88

JCarson

We are sitting with Molly the Cat, Right Winger, and Captain of the VHL London United. Molly the Cat, thanks for sitting with us, you are just shy of halfway through the season, how are you feeling about things so far? 

Thanks for having me here, I always appreciate a chance to talk with the media and give the fans a cance to know what is going on. The London United have had a tough season so far. We were hoping that the player changes that were made would integrate a little faster, that the returning veterans would pick up where they had left off, that the introduction of our new young talent would provide a spark. Unfortunately, little of that has happened. Every game is a struggle, we are fighting ourselves more than we are battling the other teams. That said, we have still had some significant success defensively. We are keeping our games low scoring and many times taking advantage of that to get the win. 

Molly the Cat, I know that you take team success very personally, what are you doing to bring your performance back to where it has been in previous years? 

Honestly, nothing. I know that sounds odd to hear. I have been spending considerable time with the athletic therapist talking about this. I am playing the game the way I always have; my game has not changed but the outcomes have. Reality is we need to control the things we put into the game and not the outcomes. It is when you focus on only the outcomes that it gets into your head, and you start making mistakes. I am focusing on continuing playing a high paced, physical two-way game. If I can do that, I expect that I will see a reversion back to the production levels I have experienced throughout my career. 

Molly the Cat, London United are currently sitting in fourth in the European conference. It is shaping up to be another highly competitive season within the European conference, can you tell us a little of what you are seeing? 

You are correct, the European conference is an extraordinarily strong group of teams each pushing to win the VHL championship. There have been a couple of surprises as a result. Helsinki for example, I am not sure anyone expected them to get the amazing start that they did. It has put them in an exceptionally good spot within the overall conference to have them be a playoff contender. On the other end I am not sure anyone would have expected to see Riga struggle the way they have. I expect they will have a better second half of the season, but unfortunately, it may be difficult for them to push back into a playoff spot. 

Molly the Cat, one last question, do you expect to see any more changes in the lineup before the end of the season? 

I am not privy to all the workings of management so I will not be making any definitive proclamations, but I do feel that the biggest changes are behind us. The focus for the last few games has been trying to find a combination of lines that make sense, that work well together both offensively and defensively. It is now about putting the talent we have together to win games. 

As always thank for talking with us.