jax & the legion

ke1vi

(TORONTO) Growing Pains?

Some may call it a season to forget for the Toronto Legion. Just over the halfway mark, the bluebirds are 15-28-6 with a -47 goal differential. Heading into the season, the expectations were not as high, but some wondered the talented young core could help carry this team to a postseason appearance. Lead by young center Mac Atlas, the Legion are pivoting their vision on the season as another step towards building a strong team, rather than an underdog style push for the playoffs.

Center Jimi Jax has previously mentioned the struggle to adapt to the VHL, and its clearly not just showing for the rookie, but the other younger players as well.

“It’s a grind – at this point, the message to the team is to just have fun. Use the rest of the way to learn the league, work on your game, and get to know the team.”

Jax is currently 6th in rookie scoring, a small bright spot to a season that he admits is not going the way he wanted to.

“There were some high expectations that I set for myself, maybe too high. One thing I’m enjoying is this group. We understand that we’re young but have tons of potential. We’re going to work together and come back stronger in the second half of this season and into next season