Gone fishing with Yaroslav Bogatyrev

Bojovnik

Did you know that Yaroslav Bogatyrev loves to fish? The big bodied Seattle Bears forward was spotted on a fishing vessel leaving the Seattle shore on the weekend to take part in one of his favourite activities.

“Fishing is where I go to relax, to get away from everything. I leave my phone at home and I’m completely closed off from the world for several hours. It’s that little bit of peace that keeps me sane giving all the challenges that we have on and off the ice at the moment,” Bogatyrev said on Saturday.

The Nizhnii Tagil native said that the opportunity to go deep sea fishing was one of the core advantages of living in Seattle.

“I’m from the Urals region in Russia, very far from the sea. It’s great because we have so many rivers and there’s so many fish to catch, but there’s something different about the ocean. The waves, the smell of salt, it’s a fantastic experience” Bogatyrev said.  

When asked if the possibility of more fishing, including the purchase of a boat, would be a motivation to re-sign in Seattle, Bogatyrev said that it was too early to tell.

“I’m focused on winning the Continental Cup this season.  I’m not ready to talk about my future yet,” he remarked.