Westwood Finding His Groove in Philly

Sullvino

Westwood Finding His Groove in Philly

It has been 17 games since Zyn Westwood was traded from Las Vegas to Philadelphia in the blockbuster deadline deal. As is the case with any change of team, Westwood got off to a rocky start as he tried to acclimate with his new teammates and playing style. Over the past few games, Westwood has started to find his groove, getting on the scoreboard and stacking up victories with the now 3rd place Philadelphia Reapers.

With the Las Vegas Aces he posted 12 goals, 14 assists in 42 games played (.63 points per game) and now with the Reapers he has 5 goals and 5 assists in 17 games played (.58 points per game). The overall point production has taken a small step back on a per game basis, but Westwood is starting to turn on the jets and feels primed for a strong playoff push.

“I feel good out there, it took me ten games or so to get really comfortable with our style but I am settled in now. Similar to my time with the Aces, I’m still not thrilled with my offensive production. As an offensive player and goal scorer, I need to be putting the puck in the back of the net more. Getting the winning goal against my former team in overtime I hope will give me that offensive spark as we head into the playoffs.”