One Last Go

:sea:

Seattle -- The Seattle Bears did what they needed to do during the regular season: With 102 total points, the Bears finished first in the North American Conference and a point off the overall VHL lead. It was overall a successful season - but to goalie Xavier Booberry, the regular season was never the goal.

"Of course you want to get the wins, but it's all in service of one goal: a title," Booberry said following the season. "Now for me, the real games begin."

Indeed, Booberry and the Bears will be watching the wild card games closely, where it will be decided whether they face the Vancouver Wolves or the Los Angeles Stars in the next round. If they were to get past that, the Chicago Phoenix or Calgary Wranglers would be waiting.

But Booberry cautions against looking too far ahead. He's had a lot of playoff experience in his career with both Helsinki and Davos, and in Seattle he's joined a veteran squad with a lot of experience of its own. He's hoping that will help garner the one trophy he's never quite gotten.

"I've done a lot in my career but I don't yet have that title. This is my last shot," Booberry said. "What happens will happen, but I don't want to have any regrets with how I play out there. It's go time."