Maple's Gardening Fundraiser

dogwoodmaple

This postseason, Dogwood has taken to selling vegetables to raise money for local charities.  It began with tomatoes and turnip greens and expanded to cucumbers, peppers, and carrots.

"I've always been a big gardener and I wanted to combine that hobby with something else close to my heart - the Vancouver Children's Hospital.  We've been able to raise more than $500,000 selling vegetables and our operation has expanded tremendously.  It started out with just me selling what I could row and has now turned into a major farming operation with more than a dozen other players involved," Dogwood said.

Maple's overall goal was to break the seven-figure mark and it appears to be well on his way to cross that line and then some.  

"Those kids are going through more than we can ever imagine and anything we can do to help with funding to help in any way, shape, or form is just tremendous.  Next season, we're hoping to expand this to half the teams in the league to really get the donations rolling in.  First stop, one million.  Next stop, one billion?"