Oslo vs Cologne the rivalry continues !

KRZY

Well it wouldn’t be playoffs in the VHLE without the Oslo Storm and the Cologne Express playing eachother in a series at some point . Over the last 3 seasons the express and storm have met in the playoffs with Oslo winning 2 of 3 series . Now as much as I’m  sure @leandrofg and @JB123 love the competition, I’m sure they are getting tired of matching up with each other as well . A few theme weeks ago I covered this rivalry so I won’t go into the history much more but I will preview the series and what you can expect ! Here we go !

Now these 2 teams finished 2nd and 3rd in the VHLE with the express finishing with 95 points and the storm finishing with 92 . While they finished close to each other in the standings. the season series was very much one sided with Cologne taking it 7 games to 2 . But we all know that the regular season means nothing in the playoffs . 

Offensively I give the edge to Oslo they were 1 goal short of finishing with the top offence in the league . As well as 3 30 goal scorers , Oslo’s depth up front was top of the league in S88. Now Cologne shouldn’t be taken lightly either as they had 2 40 goal scores and solid depth scoring of their own. This series will prove to be a barn burner and should be very exciting .

Defensively these teams are both evenly match aswell they were two of the better defensive teams all year . The defensive systems both these teams play could prove to be the game changer . Whichever team plays better in the d zone and shuts down the high power offence of the other will have the edge for sure . 

Goaltending it would seem that Cologne would have the early edge but Oslo’s goalies played very well this year too , and we all know that STHS can be a different animal come playoffs ! So I can’t really give a clear cut edge either way !

These 2 teams know eachother so well and even though Cologne absolutely dominated the regular season this series will be closer then you think . With both @leandrofg and @JB123 making adjustments after ever sim. You can bet on both these GMs taking pride in winning this series as bragging rights are at stake this season , JB could take a 3-1 lead in playoff series or Leandro could knot it up at 2-2 and make the rivalry even more exciting. I’m looking forward to this that’s for damn sure. The X factor / game changer will be the game within the game ( strategies and adjustments) whoever capitalizes and makes the right choices will and should take the series

in conclusion this series will be exciting any way you look at it ! I truly believe it will mimic last seasons finals and go to 7 games and although either team could win I’m gonna be slightly biased and say olso takes it in 7 . 

stay tuned and keep an eye on this series folks !!