Reapers Stage Incredible Comeback, Defeat Hounds in 7.

Pifferfish

newspaper GIF

Philadelphia Times

Philadelphia, PA - By Todd Ripley

May 21, 2023

In a thrilling showdown between the Philadelphia Reapers and the favored Mississauga Hounds in the VHLM semifinals, the Reapers defied the odds and completed a remarkable comeback to secure their place in the finals. Trailing 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, the Reapers showcased outstanding performances from goaltender Jeffery Blake and star forwards LeBen Aky and Anthony Simmons to clinch the victory.

Throughout the nail-biting series, the Philadelphia Reapers faced an uphill battle against the Mississauga Hounds, who were considered the favorites. However, the Reapers refused to back down, displaying remarkable resilience and determination. With the series on the line, they delivered exceptional performances in Games 6 and 7 to turn the tide in their favor.

In the crucial games, goaltender Jeffery Blake proved to be the backbone of the Philadelphia Reapers. His impressive save percentage of .929 demonstrated his outstanding skill and composure under pressure. Blake's exceptional saves kept the Reapers in the game, frustrating the Mississauga Hounds' offensive efforts and providing a solid foundation for the team's comeback.

The Reapers' star forwards, LeBen Aky and Anthony Simmons, were instrumental in the team's triumph. Aky showcased his scoring prowess by netting crucial goals in both Game 6 and Game 7, inspiring his teammates with his offensive brilliance. Simmons, on the other hand, delivered a stunning performance in Game 7, scoring two goals that proved to be the difference-maker. Their exceptional contributions demonstrated their ability to perform under pressure and lead the team to victory.

In a crucial moment during Game 6, Eric Queefson, a key player for the Reapers, stepped up when it mattered most. Shortly into the overtime period, following a Mississauga penalty, Queefson unleashed a powerful shot that found the back of the net, securing a thrilling victory for the Philadelphia Reapers. His clutch performance ignited the team and set the stage for their ultimate triumph.

The Mississauga Hounds displayed their talent and determination throughout the series. Goaltender Jonny Elgar showcased his skill between the pipes, making critical saves to keep his team in contention. Forward Austin Goulet's offensive prowess tested the Reapers' defense, while defenseman Reginald Dodo exhibited his strength and skill on the blue line. Although falling short in the series, the Hounds' players demonstrated their worth and left an impression on the competition.

After the Game 7 victory, our reporters caught up with Reapers' Head Coach and General Manager Woody Dickerson for a comment:

"Our team showed tremendous resilience and belief in themselves tonight. We never gave up, and that's what ultimately led us to this incredible victory."

The Philadelphia Reapers' remarkable comeback against the Mississauga Hounds in the VHLM semifinals will go down in history as a display of unwavering determination and exceptional performances. With outstanding contributions from Jeffery Blake, LeBen Aky, Anthony Simmons, and Eric Queefson, the Reapers secured their spot in the finals against the waiting Mexico City Kings, defying expectations and capturing the hearts of fans. Will they be able to slay Kings and once again secure victory when it's least expected?

506 Words

Yeah i swear i thought hounds wil win it but nah but now i hope the kings wil lose to philly but like allso with it was nail bitting i was like who is going to win hounds or philly but now i wanna see philly to destroy the kings allso like you guys attack is Un real out of the blue amazing you guys can win it and o hope it you guys got allso a good defence solid and the goalie amazing asf 

10 hours ago, Pifferfish said:

Will they be able to slay Kings and once again secure victory when it's least expected?

This for sure you guys wil win it

8 hours ago, Bedirhan said:

Yeah i swear i thought hounds wil win it but nah but now i hope the kings wil lose to philly but like allso with it was nail bitting i was like who is going to win hounds or philly but now i wanna see philly to destroy the kings allso like you guys attack is Un real out of the blue amazing you guys can win it and o hope it you guys got allso a good defence solid and the goalie amazing asf 

This for sure you guys wil win it

thx bed... aprreciate the support from up Halifax way