Solace for the Wolves

Gaikoku-hito

After once again being chased off by the Seattle Bears in the first round of the play-offs the Vancouver Wolves look to lick the wounds of another closely fought battle if the Pacific Northwest big animals. Of Course, the Bear is bigger than the wolf but the team effort should have been great than the size difference but this simple wasn`t the case again this year.

It was an interesting season where we put growth and development ahead of having a super strong team as we knew we would grow through the season and by the play-offs should have a great team. Problem this season is once again we meet the much-improved Bears as we did last season and always knew it was going to be tough to take them down; but we have some solace from this season in the fact that we had great breakout season from Eagles & Maple both clearly in the discussion for the teams MVP this season and hopefully for a few league awards. Further adding to solace is the fact that our two rookies grew this season and majority of the team will be back next season.

What does that mean? I don`t know since the league is so close at the point and time that really anyone can win but we should be better as we are in a place to build off our current strengths rather than looking to fill any real weaknesses. That being said I am sure we will look to complete a few moves this off season as we didn`t meet the end goal so in the end it was still a failure of the management team as we didn`t win the cup.

It was an interesting season with ups, downs and a bit of drama but I am hoping for a calmer season where we simple win it all.