Interview with Molly the Cat, Conference Champion edition

JCarson

Molly the Cat, you have just beaten Davos in seven games to win the European Conference Championships, how are you feeling? 

The simple answer is we are feeling great. Everyone on the team stepped up and contributed to all areas of the game. We played a tight defensive game, giving limited chances. We played a strong offensive game that saw all our lines contribute on the scoresheet. Our role players did their part, and the big guns came out swinging, most of all our goaltending kept us in every game and in all honesty stole games for us. This is truly a team win. 

Molly the Cat, is there anything you want to say to the management and players on Davos? 

Honestly, I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of them. They played a strong series and could have won; it was that close. But what I admire most about them is that they played the game with sportsmanship and respect for the game. They played good tough physical hockey, but it was always clean. I have played games against teams willing to take every cheap shot they thought they could get away with to try and win. That was not Davos, and they earned my respect. 

Molly the Cat, you are about to face a Seattle Bears team that has easily pushed their way into the VHL Championships. How do you think you will fair against them? 

I am glad that we had some adversity as we played through our conference. It is only by facing adversity that you gain the experience you need to face harder challenges. No that may not be the best way to word that. I don’t believe that Seattle will be a harder challenge than what we have already faced. The gauntlet of Riga, Prague and Davos has taught us that it doesn’t matter the challenge, adversity comes, and you face it, you face it head on and you give everything you have. The thing is London has everything we need right now to be VHL champions. We pursue the end goal, and we plan to take it. Now do not get me wrong, Seattle is a talented team and has every piece needed to win as well, which honestly is why we are both sitting in the finals. From what we hear, they may be a little overconfident, expecting an easy matchup, and that is not what they will get. This London team has claws, and we are not afraid to use them. 

Moly the Cat, when one looks at the league leaders in playoffs, it is littered with London players in every area. What can you say about that? 

That goes back to my first comments, we are pulling together as a team in all areas, our team scoring is up, which drags up our assists. Our rookies are following the team leaders and are contributing as well. Forwards, defense but most of all our Goalie. Teno is easily the best goalie in the playoffs, they have been a literal wall for us. Everyone is putting everything they have into this.