Bet for or Against:

Gaikoku-hito

Bet for or Against: Pierre Emile Bouchard having a turn around season?   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bet for or Bet against

Here we are at the end of the play-offs for the VHL teams and start of the lotto tournament but we aren`t really concerned with either of these as we have been in full off-season mode for a few weeks now or at least it feels like weeks; but we are here to talk about Pierre Emile Bouchard of the Vancouver Wolves.

After winning Jake Wylde Trophy, Sterling Labatte Trophy, Dustin Funk Trophy and the Victory cup the previous season it is a very safe bet that Pierre Emile Bouchard will not win any awards at the end of the season after clearly having a down season for the Wolves. It was clearly a case of how the player went so did the team. When Bouchard struggled early in the season so did the Wolves. When Bouchard disappeared in the play-off against Seattle so did the Wolves shortly afterwards. It was solid season but clearly not one expected by player himself or the Vancouver Wolves.

“It was a disappoint season in the fact that I am expected to be the best or one of the best defenders in the league year in and year out. While I had a breakout season in S87; I simple couldn`t maintain any consistency this season” stated the Vancouver Wolves Captain. “While I did finish amongst the leaders by end of the season with 78pts; I should really be pushing much closer to at least an assist per game and 90-100pts per season so the fact that I finished with 55 assists; simple wasn`t good enough as play-making offensive minded defender.” Continued the Wolves defender. He was 17 assists off the pace of his expectations and if he had managed his assist expectations; he would have finished top three in assists and had around 95pts. Making him the top offensive defenceman.

Adding more salt to the insult is the fact that Bouchard was also a top defending defenceman the year before with 198SB but completely seemed out of sorts playing defence this season with only blocking 171 shots down by 27. “It was tough early in the season as we simply couldn`t defend as team and it meant we were very much the worst team in the league for I think about 20 or so games” added the Wolve defender when asked about his lack of SB this season. “We managed to turn this around but I couldn`t make up the ground on the rest of the league from a personal standpoint. My numbers are rather faltering when considering what they looked like after the first few weeks of the season.” Add Bouchard.

So looking ahead to next season S89 the biggest question is: Would you bet for Pierre Emile Bouchard having a bounce back season or Bet against Pierre Emile Bouchard and expect him to struggle again next season?

Edited by Gaikoku-hito