An interview with Molly the Cat, season 88 postseason

JCarson

Molly the Cat, we are glad that we can sit with you today and get your thoughts. You have had a busy last few days, as you have been celebrating your recent victory. I will start there, how are you feeling now that you are the Season 88 Continental Cup Champions? 

Thanks for having me, yes it has been a whirlwind of activity the last few days. Between celebrating with the team, contacting family and friends, and taking part in various media engagements organized by the team and the league, it has only left enough time to eat and sleep. Yet I wouldn’t have it any other way. Winning a championship of this nature is an extremely exciting opportunity, to be acknowledged as the best players in the league, in the sport, is something that most people only dream of. 

Molly the Cat, I remember early on in your career we had the opportunity to sit and talk about the goals you wanted to achieve while you were in the league. Now that you are several seasons in, I would like to go back and get comments on how you think things are going. 

It has been a wild ride for sure. Obviously winning the VHL championship was the largest of the goals and now that it has been completed, I will be focusing on the other aspects in greater detail. The other aspect that has already been completed was winning the rookie of the year award. I think at this point in my career those are two great accomplishments, but I am not done by any stretch. My continued focus will be on achieving greater productivity, with the hope of achieving the recognition of being one of the best and most consistent scorers in the league today. The end goal is to be inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame and recognized as one of the best players in this era of the league. I know it is going to be a challenging task, this league is filled with amazing talent and to be one of the best takes dedication and consistency. I am doing everything I can to do that. 

Molly the Cat, can you tell us anything about what the London United will look like next season? 

We are lucky to have many of our players under contract and returning next season, which is great to know. We will unfortunately be losing Nalwa as they are retiring so we do expect to be replacing them. Other than that management hasn’t brought me into any discussions as of yet. I do know that we will be keeping our eyes and ears open, listening to various offers. That can be said of any team, with a league as good as the VHL you always need to be considering ways to improve. I know that if any changes are made then management will be transparent about it. In the meantime, we would like to thank Nalwa for the great years they have had with London. You are a tremendous player which is evident by your multiple VHL championship wins. Thank you for your leadership, your experience, and your friendship.