Jensen Once Again Struggles in Clutch Games; Steel Shocked by Brigade in JST

Advantage

Jensen Struggles in JST Semi Final; Steel Fall to Brigade

After what can only be described as a pretty dominant Junior Showcase Tournament for Viktor Jensen, the Steel would ultimately be shocked by Viktor's team last event and the defending JST Champions, the Brigade.

Jensen would record 5 goals and 9 points in the 6 games, which is a solid overall performance.  However, it needs to be acknowledged as well that he had a four point game in Game 2 of the series.  So ultimately, in the other games of the series he only recorded 5 points in those 5 games, which was far under his average during the Junior Showcase Tournament.  The Brigade would ultimately prevail 4-2, destroying them in an uneventful Game Six.

"It's probably the biggest concern on the minds of most VHL Scouts.  Can he do it in the important games? He was an incredibly disappointing in all nine playoff games he played in the VHLM and then struggled when he needed to pace his team versus the Brigade.  I have serious concerns if he can step up when his team needs it the most.  While I think he could be a really good regular season performer, I have to wonder if Malmo would maybe rather look elsewhere with 1st Overall in the Season 89 Draft."

- Craig Button