Strasmore Looks to Future

Phil

Strasmore Looks to Future

10 Things You May Not Know About Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

Welcome to my Fan590 article turned Media Spot. I must admit I have been delinquent in my point task duties, but it is really hard to be motivated to put the effort in when I'm just an old fart that I can get 5TPE from Welfare. So for the lack of 1TPE, I'd rather spend more time with my son. However, today I am bored at work so here we are! 

Now, onto the topic of today: Phil Strasmore. 

Strasmore is entering his fifth season, which theoretically should be the pinnacle of his career. He has been steadily gaining TPE up until this point in his career and has topped over 1000! Now, he must brace himself for the very long and devastating road of depreciation. Due to the fact that he did not participate in the VHLE when he had the chance, it means that he will depreciate for the next 4 seasons after this one. The last two of his career at a whopping 12%. This means that if he and his player agent are fine with his attributes, he will start immediately banking for the long haul. 

Before we take a look at that, let's first take a look at his career performance. The Big Man has spent his career in Calgary, who have been one of the league's best in that time, and even won a Cup last season. The defenseman hasn't done too much offensively. He has yet to get into double digits for goals, scoring 2 in his rookie season and then 6, 7, and 7, respectively. But Strasmore has always touted himself to be a play maker. Last season he recorded a career high of 57 assists, and is looking to break out and earn 75 this season - a daunting task for him. 

The Profile Dossier: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, the Most Likable Person In  the World

Defensively, he has steadily increased his performance, each season recording more hits and more shots blocked than the last, with last season hitting 321 opponents and stopping 173 shots. These are great numbers that he would like to improve on this season and fight to maintain for the rest of his career. 

Now looking at his attributes (STHS of course!), his highest stat is defense, which makes perfect sense, sitting at a 90! Passing is right behind it with 89, puck handling and skating at 88  and checking a mere 87, but from his top attributes you can tell this man is a defensive powerhouse with a propensity to distribute the puck. 

"I think that with those attributes, Strasmore can definitely leave a mark on the league," says his player agent - Builder HoF inductee Phil Knight. "He has the makings of a great defender. He just needs to be paired up with the right combination of scorers and he can attempt to snag a Beketov Trophy even. There's no doubt that he has that ability. But he's also the type of player that helps out his netminder a lot too. Therein lies his true quality and value."

I do not have my depreciation calculator on hand at this time, but it's safe to assume that if Strasmore wants to maintain this level, he's going to have to earn max TPE and bank everything. Next season will not be hard to recoup but the last two seasons will definitely be a challenge. If he's lucky, and his player makes it to Christmastime, he may be able to salvage his last season or so with some nice free TPE (maybe even sooner than that for VHL's birthday!).

No matter what, the road ahead will be long. Calgary is winding down its near-dynasty levels of competition and although they should remain competitive for seasons to come, Strasmore will try to help push them to at least another Cup before his VHL days are done.