Selected for World Cup

Greg_Di

Henry Eagles got the call at the beginning of the week that he was selected to represent team Easter Europe.

This will be the first time in his career that he has been called up to the world cup, only having played in the world junior championships before then.

"It's always an honor being called up and representing a region in Europe where I came from. "Henry said "I think Eastern Europe has a wealth of top players and this tournament gives us the opportunity to showcase what we are all about. These are one of the few teams where multiple countries come and work together to achieve a common goal, that goal for is is Gold"

Henry is hoping that the world cup tournament gives him a boost in the upcomming VHL season. With being able to get on the ice and compete against top talent before the season starts, he will not have any rush to shakeoff versus players who may have not trained or participated in the world cup.

"It definitely gives you a leg up in terms of getting yourself up to speed on the quickness of the play and your shot " Henry continued " I can't wait to try and win gold and then head back to Vancouver and win the cup!"