Rohnson Selected 35th by Aces, Continues Family Tree with Organization

TopTiddee2

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.

"With the 35th pick in the S89 VHLM Draft, the Las Vegas Aces are proud to select: from the Isle of Man, C Jeid Rohnson."

As the VHLM Draft has come and gone, new faces are looking to make a splash with their new teams. One person who is looking forward to making an immediate impact is Jeid Rohnson, who was selected 35th overall by the Las Vegas Aces.

The Aces were ecstatic to select Rohnson with their 35th pick as he fell down draft board rankings following his lackluster VHLM Scouting Combine performance.

"Rohnson's capability of scoring is one that will not be seen for a very long time. While he didn't have the greatest performance in the Scouting Combine a few weeks ago, his potential is sky high and we're there to help him all the way through his VHLM career."

The Johnson family and Jeid Rohnson were excited to see Jeid taken 35th by the Aces, once home to former player and Jeid's brother, Reid Johnson.

"Being in Vegas is a dream come true for sure. Not often do you get to follow in the footsteps of family but luck has truly played out and it'll give me a brand new experience to hockey, one that I may not have experienced before in the NHL. I'm excited to see what's in store and to help the team back to the promised land." Rohnson stated in a post draft interview at Juan Ceson Arena.

Rohnson joins the Aces and will slot into the 2nd line, behind C ShaunYoungca. While he will have to work hard to see first line minutes, there's no doubt he could see himself performing well come playoff time.

The VHLM Season begins June 16th, as the Saskatoon Wild host the Ottawa Lynx to kick off the season. The Aces are defending home ice in their first game as they take on the San Diego Marlins.

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.