Early Struggles - Raimo Tuominen

HOUSTON - Raimo Tuominen’s rookie campaign in the VHLM has not been overly impressive in his first few games. With 2 assists, he seems to be playing okay. His plus/minus is at 0 which is not terrible but not great either. Raimo seems to be playing solidly but doesn’t seem to be making much of an impact on what is otherwise a stacked Houston team. However, he is extremely glad that the team is doing well.

“I am a bit disappointed in myself for not playing my part but as long as the team is performing well, I am still pretty happy. I just hope to get going soon and find my rhythm. It’s been different from the European game; the smaller arena’s mean I have less margin for error and it’s just been different going up against such intense competition. We are all young guys scrapping for our change in the E or the Majors. I have a lot to learn. The Bulls have been excellent for me and I will definitely learn a lot from everyone on this team.” He said in a post game interview.

“Lot of bigger opponents and also a lot of things I need to work on. I’m doing a lot of things decently. I want to be able to contribute to this team’s success as well. If I don’t end up doing too well individually though, I hope that the team does well. Team success over individual success anyday.”