Bana Blabs Down Under #77

Banackock

🇦🇺Bana Blabs Down Under #77🇦🇺

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite you many, often simple, errors. 

Hello, everyone. I hope that things are going good for you right now in life. I also hope that you’re enjoying the VHL and getting the most out of it. Lots of stuff has been changing in the VHL and in life as I find myself about 50% of the way through my Australia trip. It’s pretty crazy to think about the amount of time that has already gone by and it’s also crazy to think about the time remaining. I really miss home and I can’t wait to go back. I am also looking forward to the exploring that we have left while we’re here. For the VHL, The off-season was a lot of fun for Seattle and I felt an amazing fire in me for the general manager role. I think Seattle had an incredible off-season, and I even think that the VHL off-season went pretty well despite the very slow start. Having said both of those things, let’s do some big time blabbing here, so that I can enjoy the next few weeks with my player. With this blab, I am going to do a little bit of focussing on a topic (or a few, we will see), followed by the typical Bana blabs style of three points per topic. LETS BLAB! 

RECRUITMENT 

Recruitment is such an important thing for our league, and I think sometimes a lot of us forget that. I really want the VHL to succeed. I wish for the league to always remain fun and enjoyable for everyone. I want a league that is inclusive, respectful and welcoming to everyone. I want the right amount of teams, with the right amount of players, and everything to be in this utopian equilibrium that brings happiness to all who enter the VHL. The recruitment team recently did a hiring and have added on AJ and SUBJECT to the recruitment teams. I applied for the role, but didn’t think I would really get it. However, this hasn’t discouraged my efforts and motivation to want to help the league. Always, as members, we have the ability to assist those in formal rules. Maybe we can’t be a part of the official recruitment, but we can definitely help in other ways.

• Once upon a time, I went through the Internet and got a list of forums that had a large number of members active in the community. Often these forums and communities had to do with simulation hockey or hockey in some way. Maybe finding this list and reaching out to those communities and advertising there could bring in some members? Maybe we could also get an updated list of communities where we could outsource advertisement and work with other communities? 

• Maybe not this season, but maybe next? What if we held a recruitment drive where we had incentives as a community? Maybe you could offer small incentives for members individually, but then have a decent size bonus that is community-based. I would also put in the announcement that anyone caught with Maltese or cheating I will be disciplined. Let them know right away that they will 100% be caught. Everyone has been caught in the past. Everybody will be caught now and everyone will be caught in the future.

• The league is always good at promoting positivity or coming together to have a positive impact on communities or causes. Adding onto the second point, what if this was one of the incentives that we offered? I know sometimes we email members of the past saying something like “hey, we miss you. VHL blah blah. Come back!”. What, if during this recruitment we also email all the old members of the past? Then for every new member that joins and creates a certain dollar value will go towards a charity. For every old member that comes back to an activity and creates a player will also earn a dollar amount value. Then you let the league discuss in a forum certain causes in the world right now that they would like to help. Then the league votes for them and then you do a few good things all in one. ALL IN THE NAME OF GOOD THINGS VHL. 

EXAMPLE:

S91 VHL RECRUITMENT DRIVE

All donations will go towards a specific cause or two picked by the VHL community. Additionally to the individual member incentive joining/recreating/affiliate below, the VHL will also match all individual member donations up to $1,500. 

• For every member that returns to the league from inactivity (based off rulebook definitions) and recreates, the VHL will donate $1 to charity. 

• For every member that joins the league and creates a player, the VHL will donate $1 to charity.

**AFFILIATE SPECIAL:**

• For every member that joins the league from an affiliate league and creates a player, the VHL will donate $2 to charity. 

Note: With the affiliate, special or bonus, I would expect us to reach out to those affiliates to let them know. Maybe we can be true affiliates and work together. Maybe they can kind of come together and do something similar. A positive exchange that promotes each league, hopefully increases members and activity and then brings the simulation community together which surely will have a much larger effect. 

RECRUITMENT MILESTONES

New members, old member/recreates or IA returnees or affiliates joining all count towards these milestone totals. Below is just an example of what we could do similar to kinda Christmas but instead of an auction do milestones. Also, a $5 donation will earn you 3 uncapped TPE. 

5 MEMBERS -> 5 UNCAPPED (UC)

10 MEMBERS -> FREE WEEK (6 CAPPED or C)

15 MEMBERS -> Cooking stream by Dasboot

20 MEMBERS -> Graphic by Frank Draw

25 MEMBERS -> $1,000,000 STORE CASH

30 MEMBERS -> DRAW IDEA

35 MEMBERS -> STREAM IDEA

40 MEMBERS -> DRAW IDEA

45 MEMBERS -> STREAM OR DRAW

50 MEMBERS -> FULL DOUBLE WEEK (12 UC)

75 MEMBERS -> DRAW IDEA

100 MEMBERS -> DRAW IDEA

If we get other affiliates or leagues to join in, we could even do a “SUPER DRAW” with all the leagues combined where it’s like a big lottery draw? Just create some real positivity, a massive vibe and get ALL communities bonding and having a positive experience with the other leagues? 

ANYWAY, those are my few ideas for recruitment that could maybe help. Obviously toss the good old YouTube drives in there with it so we can get some milestones crossed off, hehe..  I think it also crosses off two weeks of earning and writing, so we’ll leave it at that for now. Stay safe, stay happy and see you around the VHL. 👋 

1110 words

June 19-25

June 26-July 2