Skipping the VHLE A Mistake? Jensen Struggling of Late During Malmo Skid

Advantage

Skipping the VHLE A Mistake? Jensen Struggling of Late During Malmo Skid

It definitely hasn’t been the easiest of rookie campaigns for the Season 89 1st Overall Pick, Viktor Jensen.  After being selected to the Malmo Nighthawks, the Norweigan forward decided to skip the VHLE and go straight to the professional level.  While it hasn’t been an awful start there have definitely been some cracks shown in Jensen’s game of late as he now sits with 5 goals and 12 points in 20 games, struggling with just 2 points in his last 6 games.

“He definitely is starting to show why the VHLE skip isn’t necessarily always recommended.  While his season hasn’t been unproductive, I do wonder if another season of honing his craft and dominating the VHLE would have been smarter before heading to Malmo.  We will see as the season goes on if he can improve and be a more well-rounded player, or if he will continue to struggle and ultimately potentially stunt his growth.” – Craig Button, TSN

Jensen still seems confident he made the right decision when he was confronted with the question after their recent 7-5 loss to Prague: “I think I am where I am supposed to be.  I made the decision along with Malmo management to move up and I will continue to bring everything I can to the table.  It's funny people just look at my decision when others made the exact same decision in this draft class, or in past ones where there has been success for the player's that have chosen to make the same decision.  No one talks about them.  I'm tired of answering these questions and will not continue to do so.  I'm happy and I will keep bringing my best to the team I belong on, the Malmo Nighthawks.”