Commissioner for a Day - Effects for a Lifetime

jakkysosa

Hello, my name is @jakkysosa and I have now become the VHL Commissioner for a day, how the hell did I get here. Well, while I am in office for my 24 hours... allow me to completely revamp, shake and adjust the entirety of the VHL in this span of time. The main thing that I have in mind for the VHL is to completely change the direction for every single franchise within the VHL, VHLE and VHLM. Instead of having a minor league system, we are instead going to create 1 league for all 30+ teams

Look at the graphics that I have provided here:

f8ef40b0c011bdbe75ce80263a2cfdae.pnge5d79753b55afd2044ab243efc7048b9.png

As you can see, the VHL is currently split between the seas: the VHL in red, VHLE in green and VHLM in blue. With a total of 34 teams across 3 leagues. 18 within North America, 16 within Europe.

With 34 teams for 1 singular league now, I will have to even the playing field in order to make things fair across all franchises. Meaning my second rule of action is to expand the VHL. For this example, I will be adding 2 European teams to make it 18 across each continent. The two cities in mind are Chamonix and Budapest. Now with 36 teams, 18 per continent, we need to branch these teams off into divisions for order and stability within the VHL standings. Having 4 divisions with 9 teams each, the North American Conference will receive the East and West divisions, while the European Conference will receive the North and South divisions. After adding the two new cities to the VHL Map and aligning the divisions together, they will look like this:

3827521196bb8364c42cc2c7d2d17af8.pngVHLDivisionAlignment.png

With this new alignment, it will combine teams from the VHL, VHLE and VHLM together into one league. This can bring a rise into new rivalries such as Mississauga and Toronto, give historic franchises like Oslo and Bratislava the  recognition they deserve and provide a more intense, cutthroat battle for the VHL Commissioners Cup every single season. Now while all of this sounds simple and fun, there's clearly some holes to patch here. Obviously in our current VHL system, a VHLM team facing off against one like Seattle might seem impossible to win (unless they have a 3-1 lead...) Which can mean for one thing... fantasy draft. Starting Season 90, the VHL will commence with a fantasy draft to determine the new landscape of the league along with new faces to a franchise. This gives every team a top quality player, potential prospects and gives newcomers a chance to play with the main guys, rather than with a bot. Oh yeah bots are no longer a thing too.

Playoffs is where the fun can truly begin. 36 teams hunting for 1 championship is hard work, even with 9 teams per division. That being said, having the Top 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs only seem fair (16/36, 44.4%) with a #1-8 format in playoff matches. Giving even more playoff hockey to the VHL and having all rounds begin at the same time. The winner of the North American Conference taking on the winner of the European conference in the championship finals.

To recap as VHL commissioner for a day:

1) Expand the VHL with two new European franchises.
2) Mold the VHL into a 36 team league with 4 divisions and 9 teams each.

3) Expand playoffs
4) Remove bots

5) Fantasy Draft

Thank you for reading, please leave your feedback, opinions and more down below. I may not become a VHL Commissioner for a day but if there's ever a way to WILDLY change things up within the league... this is how. ;)

Word Count: 616